I went to the first paralegal class at Cal State L.A. tonight, but I don’t think it’s going to work out this quarter. There’s just too much going on at one time, with me not knowing how this current job possibility is going to work out. If I already had a job lined up, and knew exactly what my schedule was going to be, then it would be easier for me to make a decision. As it stands right now, if I get the job I would be getting out of work at 6pm, which only leaves 15 minutes to drive the fourteen miles to school. However, this is L.A. traffic, which means by the time I get there, park, and walk inside I estimate that I’d get to every class at least half an hour late. And I hate to be late.

Of course there’s always the possibility that I won’t get this job, which means I might regret not going ahead and starting these classes. But if I start them, and find another job in a few weeks that also goes until 6pm (or later), then I would be even more screwed because I’d either have to get to school really late, or not be able to take the job. (See what’s been running through my mind for the past few weeks?)

So I think the best thing to do is not to stress myself out about it, and wait until at least the next quarter to start the class(es). That way I’ll (hopefully) have a job, with a definite schedule, and possibly be able to work something out where I could leave early, or revise my schedule in some way, on the days that I have class. As it stands right now, I can’t ask to revise my schedule if I haven’t even been offered the job yet.

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like