1) When I was in college, living in Richmond, I volunteered at a domestic violence shelter for about six months. A big part of my job was organizing the vast amount of clothing donations in the basement (when women and children came to stay in the house, they could take whatever they needed).
2) I’m a procrastinator. Example: I just took my car in last week to have the annual inspection done. It was over a month overdue. In the past, I’ve never been more than a few days late — but I don’t use my car very often (and when I do, it’s usually at night, when it’s dark), so I didn’t feel the need to make it a priority.
3) A few people at work have told me that I can be…scary. It’s not like I try to be scary on purpose! I think it’s because I don’t always go out of my way to be overly-friendly with people.
4) Mon-Fri, I have oatmeal for breakfast. And sometimes, because it’s convenient, I’ll have it for an afternoon snack, too. (Since I bring my food to work with me, it tends to be something simple that doesn’t take up a lot of room in my purse.)
5) Something that annoys me: if I finish lifting weights at the gym and someone says to me, “That didn’t take long” or “Leaving already?” C’mon, people! If I’m not doing cardio and I’m only there to lift weights, I don’t think it’s unusual to be there for only half an hour.
6) I keep a toothbrush in my desk drawer at work because I like to brush my teeth in the mid-to-late afternoon. It’s a signal to myself that it’s time to stop snacking until dinnertime (and also a nice way to freshen the breath). I’ve never seen anyone else brush their teeth in the ladies’ restroom, though.
7) I’m not a fan of sweaters. In fact, I haven’t worn any sweaters so far this winter. At this point I only own a few of them, and they’re sitting on the top shelf of my closet. I just don’t need something so bulky since I wear a big coat when I’m outside, and it’s warm enough inside my apartment and workplace to get away with short sleeves.